CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happily (N)ever After Play by Group 2 from Public Speaking Class


Last Thursday we had a play. It was called Happily N'ever After (See how it works 2 way - Happily N Ever After/ Happily Never After)... At first I was so stressed out and worried that our group may not be able to perform so well, I was so scared.... But the play turned out so well that the title of the play should be called Happily Ever After!! hehe... So here I want to thank each and every member of my group:


Hey fairytale people,

I just wanted to let you know that I am really happy, satisfied and impressed by our play. Though at first I was a bit stressed out, because our practices weren't that in proper sequence and flow, but I thank God and thank you that our actual play turned out 10 times even better than our practices!! I am so glad to work with all of you, whether major role or minor role, because everyone of you played your part so well, everyone of you made your part important to the play, even if you were just one of the 7 dwarfs or the ultraman XD

Dr. Steven (our beloved lecturer) was and is still very proud of us!! He said, "good play, good acting!" hehehe.... I could see how shocked he was because we just raised the bar higher this time *the other group felt pressured when they saw our play... shhhhh....*

All in all, I learn to work together as a group and appreciate every member who committed their hearts into this play...

Wai Loong, for being our wonderful and caring leader, always putting people first(more important) than their task. I just want to appreciate you for helping me as a leader, coz without you, I wouldn't have had all the moral support and some of the funny ideas... hehe... and I still think that you looked funny in the man in black suit and halo that made you looked like an angel.. so not ngam... hehe

Wai Loong and I (Both leaders of our group!!)


Shaun for helping us so much!! I really think that you are a great leader, because of your enthusiasm and aura, haha! thank you for being so humble by taking up the role of a dishwasher XD but in the end, you get married to Cinderella... hehe... so is it a good thing or a bad thing for you, since I am the Cinderella? kekeke.... You have been a really nice friend and I am so glad to have the opportunity to work with you!

Cally for making sure everyone get's their costumes and for coordinating the lights... like your laughter as an evil stepsister.... Oh ya, for making my hair too!!! wahhh... I love it!

Amirul for getting the props ready and prepared and for wearing that cute hairband on your head!!! hehee.... You did well as Amo =)

Meggie for always bringing the projector... I really think you looked cute with the tail and the 'cat' hairband on your head too... You really looked like Momo... hahaha... nice acting!!


Amo (Amirul) and Momo (Meggie) *just realized that their initials are the same as their characters' initials*

Jasmine for collecting attendance, chasing for money and for being such a cute narrator!!! *I still think you looked nice*

Sufi for making sure the staging is right for every scene.... well done in your ultraman dance!

Shadow and Shay Pin for making sure the backdrops are perfect for each scene and also that the scale looks like a scale.... hehe... oh ya, and coordinating the lights as well... Shadow, love your white hair... hehe.... Shay Pin, nice acting, "useless prince" XD

Michelle for coming for our practices more often than some of our group members... hehe... for helping us so much, especially on the sound that day..

Jojo, for putting on the makeup for me... Yes, I know I am your guinea pig... but you made your guinea pig looked like a princess!! heheh.... Thank you for supporting me too!!


My makeup artist

Jo-Joan for lending me your skirt and for coming to the play too =)

Leit, for becoming one of our best actresses XD I really think you did very well in that role. hehe... and doing all the last minute preparations and making sure everything is there. Thank you for your speaker!! It was really helpful... even to the other team...

Tiffany for making us the props... balloon guns, balloon sword, balloon mirror, and the prince's crown!! I think you are so talented!! and also for being such an evil stepsister!

CY, thank you for doing all the cutting of the scenes and preparing most of the sound effects and music... hehe... Thank you for also making the posters =) I think you did awesome as the wizard and as the big bad wolf =))

Pei Fern for being the cute little red riding hood and for being so committed to our play...

Yancy, thank you for your commitment too!! I think you are a really nice person to share thoughts with and that you can be a good leader... by the way, you looked so cute with the frog!!

Justin, for daring to dance the ultraman dance! haha... I thought you look so good... with the mask XD hehe... I also like your enthusiasm to want to help in our play =)


Roweena, for being such a lovely princess... hehe...

Clare, for being a smart chef!! hehe...

Hsiao Ling, thank you for being our scale =) You did really well in being one of the 7 dwarfs too....

Yvonne for also being one of the cute 7 dwarfs... I honestly think that you gurls looked cute!!

and how can I forget my prince charming!! Benny!! hehe... I really likd the way you acted as a prince, young and naiive... heheh... You did very well Benny, especially the dancing part =) A lot of my friends thought it was so lovely =)

also Neha, for finishing up the script in 3 hours... =)


THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING IN THIS GROUP!!

If I ever get the chance to do this again, I would, because the reward is awesome =)

Thanks!!

With gratitude,
Rachel (the leader that is proud of every member of the this group)

After the play, we (the whole class) presented Dr. Steven with a surprise gift!!! hehe... A Fedora!!! See Leit wearing it:


Here are some pictures to go with the post:

Momo (Meggie) , evil stepsister (not that evil after all - Cally), me and our cute narrator (Jasmine)

Spot the man....

Me, Jasmine, Michelle, and Leit (our evil stepmother)

Chelsie (the leader of Group 1) and I

Amirul, me, Meggie, Cally and Shay Pin (One of the cute 7 dwarfs)